Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, November 29, 2012

How to Plan

First I'll start out with how my week was, which will lead us into the topic this week... I did OK this week / weekend.  It was of course a very tough week for me with all the plans/things going on...
  1. Thursday:  Thanksgiving
  2. Friday:  Bought a new bed and didn't have time to make a dinner so we went out (Starving) and I ordered a burger and fries
  3. Saturday:  Got home late after meeting up with my mom and didn't feel like making dinner, so we ordered pizza
  4. Sunday:  Lunch and Dinner Plans
I knew about Thanksgiving of course and Sunday's plans, so I was able to prepare myself fairly well for those events.   I made a plan of what I was going to do to be able to enjoy myself AND stay somewhat on track.

Thursday's Plan:  As I mentioned in last week's post, I had my mom put out a 1/2 cup measuring cup for me so that for each side I wouldn't have more than that.  My mom also had fresh veggies cut up so I would have something healthy to snack on for appetizers while we finished prepping for dinner.  Also, Two days before Thanksgiving, I sent an email out to my family and asked them to bring their tennis shoes (for those of them that would want to go for a walk before or after dinner).  One person brought their tennis shoes, but 5 of us went for a walk.  It was GREAT.  After we got back, I had pie (planned).  After that - I was extremely miserable and full.  Not what I wanted to happen, but I stuck to my plan. At the time I had no clue what my points were for the day, but that's the only meal I had, later I figured out points.  Granted I was over, but oh man I would have done much worse had I not been on WW for months and thought about what I was going to do.  So I feel like Thanksgiving was a total win for me.

Friday's Plan:  I had NOTHING planned for Friday.  I was going to work out and just hang out at home and work on my class (I'm sooo far behind, I'm going to do what I always do - procrastinate... eek my deadlines are coming up).  I did work out - at least did my Jillian Michaels video (as of today I'm on day 24 --- HUGE WIN).  I did great during the day but after spending HOURS looking for a mattress, it was late when we actually made a purchase.  So I was STARVING and we decided to go to one of our favorite Monticello Restaurants (Chatters) and I ordered a delicious burger and got the fries.  I ate it all.  ALL.  So in the end, I kinda blew up my Friday.

Saturday:  Not really a plan, but my mother brought me some soup and salad fixing for lunch so that was great... but later when I got home  I felt lazy and didn't want to cook.  We ordered pizza and I blew up that night too.  Even though I've gone over now during these three days - I still have SOME extra points left over.

Sunday:  We went to Chipotle for lunch - I did GREAT.  I ordered a salad with chicken and black beans... no cheese, sour cream or guac.  I skipped the dressing too - just had them add extra salsa.  So that was great and exactly what I had planned when going there.  Very proud of myself because I love their tortillas, cheese (duh) and sour cream (oh and the guac).  Sunday night we met some friends for dinner.  Talked a lot about my exercising and food planning.  But when it came down to ordering I chose the mac & cheese over the fish tacos.  I knew that I wanted the mac & cheese, but didn't know if I wanted to order it.  I ordered it AND ate it all.  Again over points, but still within my extras (BARELY).  I would say this day still went down as a WIN for me.

It was very important for me to at least choose 1 good meal (really two because breakfasts were all reasonable) if I knew I was going to have something bad at another.  And honestly it paid off!  I lost 1.6 lbs this week.  I made my goal (which was to stay the same... but secretly hoped to get into the next 10's).

I also lost another point, so I'm a little nervous because lately it's been tough to stay within points (as you can read) and with the holiday's coming up, that's only going to make it that much harder.  If you know nothing about the points system, losing one point is kinda a big deal.  At least it is to me.

The lesson to learn here is that we need to learn how to scope out our days/weeks somehow so that we can make some good decisions with the bad (if there has to even be bad decisions).  Now's the time to really focus on that because these holidays are HARD.  Plan on eating some low-zero point snacks before going to these events - fill up on that stuff so you don't fill up on the bad stuff at the party. BUT I am a firm believer of allowing yourself what you want to eat too.  If you keep passing on some of those things, it may come back to BITE you bad.  So don't be a stickler, just be aware of what you're doing, what you've got going on in the moment and what you've got coming up.  Plan, Plan and Plan some more.

My goal for next week is to get in some healthy oils (2) each day.  Even if I just have to add a tsp of oil to a meal.  I think that will help me a lot because I've been having some issues (I'm sure you can guess) and I've never had that problem before (EVER really, at least not consistently).  I don't really have a weight goal - other than obviously I want to lose weight.  My goal for the month of December (and really every month from December to next October) is to lose 8 lbs each month.  So if I can get some of that off next week - that's GREAT.

By the time I write next week I'll be done with my 30 day shred and can give you some updates on that.  I will also post a picture of me sometime in the near future as I've lost that next 10#'s (as of last week)... so I need to get that up.  Laziness I think that's what they call it.

Anyway - take care this week... let me know some of your challenges and how you've overcome them, how you've been planning or what you plan to do with the challenges...  We've got some readers out there so let's help each other by sharing.  I think we all need the help right now - especially during the holiday seasons.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment