Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jillian Michael Results are in...

I could not be more proud of myself than I am today.  I have accomplished a lot in just under 8 months.
  1. Rejoined Weight Watchers (best thing I could have done for myself)
  2. Went back to the gym
  3. Lost 64.6 lbs
  4. Lost these inches since August 2012
    1. Bust:  4 inches
    2. Waist:  5 inches
    3. Hips: 5 3/4 inches
  5. Walked over 50 miles (that I've tracked, I know it's more than that)
  6. COMPLETED the 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels
    1. Lost the following:
      1. Weight 5.6 lbs (including a holiday in there - Thanksgiving the holiday of food, folks and fun!)
      2. Bust: 1 1/2 "
      3. Waist:  2 inches
      4. Hips: 2 inches
I'm sure there's plenty more things I've accomplished that are just not coming to mind but seriously... I'm super pleased with what I've done for myself.  After day 2 of Jillian Michaels I almost quit... oh and day 4, 8, 10 and 11... but once I got that far - there was no turning back!

Jillian Michaels kicked my ass, so I'm going to take 2 weeks off of a strenuous activity like that and in the mean time I need to figure out what I'm going to start in that time frame.  I am thinking either back to Billy Blanks Tae Bo or trying another video I have at home.  I do know that for the next two weeks I'm going back to water aerobics (it got too hard to get there, do Jillian and eat a dinner in one evening so I dialed that back but replaced with walking) and I'm going to bust out my Balance Ball again.  After doing Jillian I should be able to do all of the Balance Ball routines.

My sister is going to borrow the Jillian Michaels video and do the 30 day shred.  I am so excited for her and hope that she doesn't get discouraged because at first it's sooooo challenging.  It remained challenging for me but only because you can do more and more each time you do it.  I posted daily pictures (after day 5) on Facebook and that really held me to not quitting.  There were so many people supporting me that I just couldn't let them down or disappoint myself.

Anyway - this post is kind of boring... not a lot of guidance here other than I hope I am maybe inspiring some to try something that they never though they could do.  I know at least one of you readers is a runner and I bet it wasn't easy at first but I watch you on Facebook and always think - DAMN GIRL you've got drive.  YOU inspired me.

If any of you are interested in getting this video it's super cheap.  I know two people who have bought it due to my postings on Facebook - both of them got it at Walmart, (and there were several rumblings in my weight watcher meetings that said they were stopping on the way home today to pick it up after I announced my results)  I think it's under $10.  Otherwise I know Amazon carries it for $7.55 right now... here's a link to it if you're curious:  Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  It says you can lose up to 20 lbs from doing the video, I obviously did not.  I did level 1 the entire time and maybe that's why... or maybe because of the time of year -- I'm not perfect :) in my eating habits... but I'll take that 5.6 lbs.

Anyway - this weekend's challenges for me:
  • Husband is leaving town (I never do well when he leaves)
  • Girls Christmas Party - where food, drinks and desserts will be flowing
It's not too terrible though... If I keep my activity up, I should be able to ace this weekend.  I hope I stay on this high for a long time :)

Take care all and remember, I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.



No comments:

Post a Comment