Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Goal Setting Announcement!

Well as I expected, it would be hard to lose weight this week following a week of a 4.8 lb weight loss.  I was able to stay focused for the most part due to being on a total high from the weight loss.  I really hate how that controls the happiness of my life :)

Let's just jump in with updates on my progress:
  • Jillian Michaels 30 day shred:  I started this last Tuesday - it totally sucks, super hard, but feels good.  I hate her.  I'm on day 10 - YAY 1/3 of the way done!!!!  Last night I had to stop at an athletic shoe store to buy new shoes because when I do the cardio part, my feet (left arch) burns super bad and sometimes I have to quit the move because it's too painful.  I don't like quitters, so trying another solution first.
  • Walking:  I've walked more lately than probably my entire life combined - this week alone I've walked 6.5 miles. Funny story though:  On Sunday it was freakin cold, I'm talking icicles on my sweat (in areas we won't mention).  I attempted to take Olivia, which is my 8.5 lb dachshund - we made it out onto the main road (which isn't far from my house) when she stopped dead in her tracks.  I looked at her and it looked like she was telepathically communicated with me saying "oh hell no, you have got to be out of your mind if you think i'm going any further."  So, I turned around and took her home, added a hat and scarf to what I already had on (it was COLD) and went back out.  I got so into my music I started somewhat dancing (well... not somewhat - sometimes I was full blown dancing) down School Boulevard.  If you don't know, It's probably the second/third busiest street in Monticello.  I had people laughing at me, waiving at me, smiling at me and I know they were wishing they were me!  On the way back to my house - Brittney Spears came on (well she was on several times before that) and I actually started "running".  Now I'm not gonna say it was real running, it looked like I probably had to pee or poop - but for me that was running.  Then I got all smiley and happy and people started waiving at me - was kinda fun.
  • Weight update:  I stayed the same this week.  Like I said, it's hard coming off of an almost 5 lb weight loss and still lose again the next week.  But I feel like I'm back in August / September where I'm losing a few weeks and gaining the other weeks.  I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.  Hopefully once my body gets used to the exercise I'll just start dropping weight again.
So that was kind of a good seguay into my next topic.  Goal setting... it's about time I announce my goal.  Usually I hang onto that information because I don't want to be judged or held to it if I decide to change my mind... but really the goal weight hasn't changed.  My goal weight is 155.  The time frame is what I have set... I'm turning 40 next October.  I'd like to be at my goal weight by my 40th birthday.  My husband and I did the math Sunday night and it's about 8.8 lbs a month for me to reach that goal.  That's a little scary to me, but I'm gonna try my hardest.

I think it's good to have goals and mostly my goals are mini goals... like to get to the next 5# or in the next 10's... like from 190 to 180, etc.  So I leave you with this today - make sure to set goals for yourself.  Even if it's not the END goal, because without goals you can get yourself off track.  Your goal doesn't even necessarily have to do with a weight loss - maybe get through the next weekend without over indulging.  Get through the "party" without snacking on the crap foods or drinking only 3 beers instead of 6.  Little things.  They do count and you'll be happy you did it.  I know I usually am (except my scrapbooking incident - unfortunately still beating myself up about it).

My goal for next week is to get that 60 lbs AND into that next set of 10's - which means I need to lose 2.8 lbs.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.  You can too, you can too, you can too... we just need to visualize it and make it happen!

Have a great week!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.


1 comment:

  1. You are looking great, like I said the other day, when you came out of your office building, I didn't even realize at the time that it was you and I"M YOUR MOTHER! Keep up the great work and attitude.

    ReplyDelete