Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pedicure

So during my WW meetings, I think a lot.  I reflect on  my previous week and think about what I need to do for the week to come.  I don't always implement what I say I'm going to do, but a lot of times I talk about it here... I didn't last week, except for what I am doing wrong and what I need to do this week.

What I didn't tell you is what / how I decided I'd try to help myself stay on track.  It's all about beauty, external beauty.  It's coming up on warmer weather time and last year I had decided not to spend money on a pedicure, because I was spending so much money on clothes.  Well, over the last year I have not really lost/gained any significant amount of weight... so everything I bought last spring / summer should still fit this year.  So... I told myself this "If, IF you can stay on plan for 1 week... you can spend the money on a pedicure."  My ability to get a pedicure is not based on a weight loss goal, the goal is to track, exercise and eat healthy this week.  I wanted to stay within my points as best as possible.

So what did I do to keep that fresh in my mind?  I setup a calendar notification to beep at me on the daily.  All it says is "Pedicure".  It beeps at me around 9 am every day.  The middle of my morning.  Happily, each day at that time I've been doing decently.  So every time is has chimed, I've smiled and reminded myself that I want (and seriously NEED) a pedicure.

This week was about a lot of reflecting.  On what I want, what I need to do and exercising a lot of will power!

I had a play date on Saturday morning with my niece.  She and I were going to play Just Dance on the Wii.  When I got there I showed her my Fitbit, which had 765 steps on it for the morning so far.  I told her it was my goal to get to 10,000 steps and asked her if she and I should try to get there.  She was all over that.  After each song, we'd pause and look at my steps.  Some songs were only 300 steps and some were over 600 steps.  She quickly got tired and wanted to quit at like 3600 steps.  I suggested we at least try to get to 5,000 steps... and it would be about 3 songs worth.  She paused the game quite a bit during our 5,000 steps but we made it.  Once we made it, she turns to me and says... how about we go on a walk.  We can get you your 10,000 steps by walking.  So we did.

Except, it was more like a "she rode her scooter" while I ran behind her kind of walk.  We both had to take breaks and she was so supportive... we walked through the wilderness (she drug her scooter behind) and along side an awesome path that is located not too far from their house.  It was amazing, I wish I had a nice path like that... that's not along-side a busy road like the one I often walk.  I could tell she was getting tired, we had just 1500 steps left and we were back at her house. I told her it was ok if she wanted to stop... she asked how many steps I had left and then said - "well...  I think we can keep going.  I think we can get you to that 10,000 steps."  We did... we had to walk in circles in their driveway at the end, but we did it.

I could see how proud she was.

It was the best 2 hours of my life with her.  She is an amazing little girl and such a good support system.  I love her to pieces.

Saturday I went to my sister's house.  Her husband grilled chicken (that I brought) and they made baked potatoes and steamed carrots.  OMG it was sooo good and I felt so good that they thought so much about what I can eat to make such healthy food.  They even cooked up turkey bacon for our potatoes.  I'm sure they eat like that a lot, but it felt special to me.

I am so grateful for my family and how supportive they are.  I also realize how lucky I am, because I know not every person that struggles with their weight has such good support.

The rest of my week was tremendous. I think a lot has to do with the weather.  It started clearing up and getting nicer on Friday.  That helps a lot.  There were tons of people out walking, riding bikes, playing in their yards, etc.  It was nice to see and nice to be a part of it.  My results this week is a loss of 4.4 lbs.  Yes, 4.4 lbs.  I didn't hardly even touch my weekly's and I got in plenty of exercise (20 points worth).  It feels good!  Life is great!

I'm going to continue that into the following week... Mother's Day will be tough, but I need to be tough.  I will be counting EVERYTHING.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!



1 comment:

  1. I am so freakin proud of you!! And jealous of your little support buddy! I need one too! lol

    ReplyDelete