Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Patience is NOT my middle name

Last week I was in the "I feel sorry for myself mood" and the "I want what I want mode".  As you know my foot has been acting up.  I had an appointment made for this coming Monday to have my foot checked out.  It's not been getting better (really) and I wasn't super excited about the office I had made my appointment at.  So I decided to go to a different place.  Part of the reason behind that was because I knew they could get me in earlier than almost two weeks out AND I had been there before for my bunion.  So I called and made an appointment and got in yesterday.

We still don't know what's up with my foot.  I had a PA look at it before the other Dr.  The PA wasn't as "rough" and my foot hurt differently for her than it did for the other Dr.  She said she would recommend an MRI because the xrays didn't show anything really, but she could tell there was definite discomfort.  She thought it was two tendons in my foot... I think what they told me was the Peroneous Brevis and the Peroneus Tetius tendons, but shit I don't know.  When the gentleman Dr came in and checked it out... he pushed MUCH harder (I almost cried and instant got the sweats) and moved my foot differently.  He said he thought it was the Cuboid or possibly my tarsometatarsal joint... could be a hairline fracture or something.  So he too recommended an MRI be done.

So I go back next tuesday for the MRI and then I meet with him to go over the results right after... that's good news so I don't have to wait too long.

BUT this makes me sad.  I can't exercise like I want to... so I'm using it as an excuse to eat and feel sorry for myself.  There's plenty of exercise I could and should be doing, but I'm not.  I'm just sad.  I've eaten and drank everything in site and it showed on the scale.  I gained 1.8 lbs this week.

My goal is to slap myself this week... and get my food in check.  I cannot continue this up and down (mostly up) spiral.  I'm tired of it and disappointed in myself.  Doing this does nothing for me except put me further from goal.

I do still say and believe this though...

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment