Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Test Results Back

Wow, that's all I can say.

Y'all know that I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and they allowed me to do a trial run of taking me off my blood pressure medicine and while I'm off I need to check my blood pressure and record it.  I have yet to do that, but I really need to do it!  Today marks the first day of checking that out.

Anyway - they always have me fast and take blood.  I am THE WORST to get blood from. I don't like it, I can't watch and they can never find my veins.  They dig the needle around in my arm to fill two small vials.  It hurts and they barely get enough.  No matter how much I hydrate beforehand.  I get all worked up and it makes it worse.

Anyway - I just got my test results back.  There is NOT ONE bad number in the bunch.  For everything, I'm within the range and typically on the low end of the range on most.  The one that most people would recognize is cholesterol... My overall number is 152.  Normal range is 0-199, I'm 152.  I remember a while ago seeing that number and I was anywhere from 205-211.  WOW!!!  Breaking those down, my HDL is 48 (normal >40) and my LDL is 86 (optimal range is <100).

Other numbers that are important to me are:
Glucose - 72 (normal 70-100)
Potassium 4.1 (normal 3.5-5.3)
Creatinine .69 (normal .52-1.04)
Calcium 9.2 (normal 8.4-10.2)

I would say I'm well on my way to being and staying healthy.

Another test I had was a mammogram.  I had it last Friday.  It did not hurt (that bad) while having the test done.  However, I hurt for DAYS after.  Wow... they were sooooooo bruised.  I've been a little scared to have that one done.  I do not have breast cancer running in my family (that I know of) but it scares the bejeezus out of me.  Mostly because I wear electronics on my bra - both the fitbit and the activelink from weight watchers.  In addition when I was running this summer I threw my phone in there too (I mean why not right?!).  I have since seen links (not sure if it's urban myths or not) to breast cancer and cell phones... and I feel weird sensations when my devices are not on my bra.  When I'm not even wearing a bra.  I'm sure it's just that I'm used to having them there... but regardless.  I've been really scared to know my results.

The results also came back this week and they are all normal.  WHAT A RELIEF.

Anyway, I digress.

I had an OK week.  I got my pyramid (that's period for the lay-person) yesterday and that always makes for a good time for me.  I get horrible cramps and I bloat somethin' fierce!  I've been extra hungry this last week and I wasn't so careful.  I wanted to be, but the cravings got the best of me.  Even yesterday... which is rare for me to blow my day the day before weigh in.

My results this week are that I lost 1.8 (my total is 92.4... I've been here before).  I'm surprised but not surprised.  I'm surprised because I wasn't that great with food this week, not surprised because I weigh myself every day.  I' surprised because I did over eat this weekend and I didn't work out Thursday - Sunday (can you believe it???).  (I'm not surprised because)... I needed a break and you know what??? My works outs Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were rock star quality.  So remember that... sometimes your body needs a break so that you can do more and make more out of those work outs that you do fit in.

I am not working out tonight or tomorrow night either.  I'm hoping to get to Zumba on Saturday, if I don't then I will be doing one of the Insanity work outs (OMG I'm scared) or my other Shaun T work outs.  Other than that, I'm going to get myself back in check with my food (should be easier now that the pyramid has come and hopefully goes fast - hee hee).

I hope you all have a fabulous week and remember... I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment