Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A good week... all things considered

Well I'm truly still on a high from running a 5k.  I know it doesn't seem like much to some of you, but that was a huge accomplishment for me.  I was talking with someone today where he/she was making fun of a 5k - basically discounting it altogether.  Saying he/she could run a 5k while eating a pizza.  I know he/she was somewhat joking about it, I knew he/she truly felt that way.

Then he/she went on to make fun of the walkers of the 5k's.  SERIOUSLY!?!  This person did say they were WATCHING these people from their yard.  WATCHING.

I wasn't mad at him/her for saying it at all... but just thinking - yep there are those people out there that feel that way.  But you know what... it was probably one of the HARDEST things I've ever made myself do.  First off it was hard just to start the couch to 5k program.  Seriously HARD.  It was even harder each week to stick with it.  And even harder yet to actually run it.

In looking at this person, he/she doesn't seem like he/she's the healthiest of people.  So I'd actually like to see him/her run one, without eating the pizza while running :)... hopefully looks wouldn't be deceiving (and thus proving me wrong).

Anyway - I just needed to say publicly that no one should ever discount anyone from doing ANY sort of exercise or activity.  I am not upset with this person at all, but would just like to poke fun a little bit for being a spectator making fun of someone participating.

Anyway - that's not really what I wanted to write about today.  I wanted to write about my successes for the week... I'll just list them out so you can bask in my happiness with me!

  1. Friday Night (the night before the run) I googled what you should do the night before you run a 5k.  It said a 20 minute walk.  To keep yourself loosened up.  So I went to the gym.  Walked for 3 minutes and couldn't stop myself from amping it up to run.
    1. Also bought Shawn T's Hip Hop Abs
  2. Saturday - the run.  Followed by a yummy mexican meal (after I showered up of course).  I splurged that day.
  3. Sunday -I started my Healthfully Ever After challenge work out.  I ended up changing the work out because I was figuring out timing for our vacation in June and to do the whole program wouldn't work out with the timing of the vacation.  So I committed to doing The Firm Videos [this particular set is not longer offered as a "set" persay but you can buy each individual set.  I do have an extra copy that I'm selling that is WAY cheaper than buying them individually - individually they sell for $15.00 a CD, I'm selling the set for $17... contact me if you're interested.]
  4. Monday - day 2 of the Firm.  No additional work out because I had plans to meet up with friends after work... so I got up at 4:40 AM (OMG) to complete my work out.
  5. Tuesday - day off!  No Firm video's to do that day!!!  So instead, since I missed getting home for water aerobics - I did Shawn T's Hip Hop Abs -- pretty cool!  I really liked it.
  6. Wednesday day 3 - had to get up in the morning AGAIN because we had to go out of town for the evening to see my step son get some wonderful academic awards and a scholarship!!!  Up at 4:45 AGAIN!!! I also weighed in a day early because I had to travel to Fargo on Thursday morning for work.
  7. Today day 4 --  I was going to get up and work out before they picked me up on the way up to Fargo.  I got up, got dressed, put in the video and started the work out.  I quit within 5 minutes.  Totally not into it, too tired from not getting home until 11:30 last night.  So instead - I fought with my co-workers to let me stay back in the hotel tonight so I could do my work out and get some work done... that was a big to-do and I do feel terrible for not socializing with the folks here that took the time out of their schedule to hang out with us.  But I made great progress on my work and I got a good work out it.  I'm actually going to head down and walk on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes right after this.
  8. Tomorrow -- will be waking up and working out before we get to the office!!!
My results this week were great - great especially since I lost last week too (and had my period between weigh ins).  I lost 1.4 - my total is now 88.2 lbs lost. 

They say to celebrate the wins along the way - so when I reach 100lbs gone, I will reveal my pressie to myself.  I cannot wait to show you (if you're one of the unlucky ones that hasn't seen it yet).

As I said I'm in Fargo (Thursday/Friday) so eating is all dining out... I made a decent choice for lunch but dinner was pizza.  Tomorrow I'll do better :)  DAMN that pizza was good!  I'll be heading out of town again for some fun this weekend - so no real control over my food there.  I have somewhat of a plan, but I also want to eat some crap food too - so wish me luck on finding a good balance for the weekend.  My work out video's are coming with me and I'll be gardening and trying to fit in a run (haven't run since the "run").

Take care and have a great week!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment