Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Holiday blues???

It happens to the best of us!  I was in "vacation/holiday" mode since I weighed in early Wednesday morning. I ate what I wanted, exactly what I wanted - such as ice cream, pizza, chips, guacamole, cheese, meat, crackers (OMG crackers... Triscuits has some absolutely fabulous new brown rice crackers... I never checked to see how many for x calories... I just ATE THEM), breakfast burritoes, hamburgers, coleslaw, etc. etc. etc.

It was kind of a crazy weekend/week, but luckily I knew in the back of my head this was temporary mode.  I also counter balanced it by a shit ton (I mean a shit ton!!!!) of exercise.  I exercised EVERY DAY - and really not just a small amount of exercise - a shit ton!  LOL  I think I'm hilarious!!!

Here's what my week consisted of (I'm starting with Wed because I weighed Wed last week)

  • Wednesday - got up before work and weigh in... Cardio Party (40 minutes of activity)
  • Thursday - Hi Def Sculpt - Express (30 minutes) and 25 minutes of walking on the treadmill (Was in Fargo at a hotel)
  • Friday - got up before work (at the hotel) and did Hard Core Fusion Express (30 minutes)
  • Saturday - went up north to visit family... ran 3.5 miles and walked over 2 miles
  • Sunday -- still up north... Hi Def Sculpt (53 minutes and while an 11 year old WATCHED me the whole time) and walked over 2 miles
  • Monday -- home... Cardio Party (40 minutes)
  • Tuesday -- Hip Hop Abs - two videos Cardio and Total Body Burn (1 hr 10 minutes)
  • Wednesday -- walked at lunch 2.25 miles and hi def sculpt express (30 minutes)... oh and tried a bit of the insanity work out with my husband.
  • Today -- Cardio Overdrive Express (25 minutes)

So you see... I did plenty of eating AND exercising.  I gained 1.6 lbs this week - which is good because just on Tuesday, I was up 4 lbs.  So it all came together in the end... and I gained WAY less than expected.  I'm pleasantly surprised and happy that I do not have the "Holiday Blues."  I do not feel like it's a set back at all because of how hard I worked this week with exercise.  Sometimes... you just gotta do it (meaning the eating and the exercising to try to lessen the blow)!

I am already back on track (as of yesterday) and I feel very good.  I plan on keeping up the exercise and getting the right foods in me.  I'm still doing the challenge with my FB Challengee's so that keeps me going as well.  I also am challenging myself to try two new healthy recipes this week.  I need to figure out what, but we'll be home this weekend (hopefully) so I'll have time to plan it out.

I'm hoping to have some data for you next week - if you remember back a few posts, I asked several "thinner" people to track what they eat so I can analyze the crap out of it :)  Well, thanks for reading and always remember...

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After! 


No comments:

Post a Comment