Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 20, 2012

As expected!!!

Well I gained back what I was so excited to have lost last week, 1.4 lbs.  Like my mom has always told me, maybe it's the slap in the face that I needed to get myself back on track.  I'm going to run with that!  I don't have a lot of insight to share this week other than you have got to have a plan for the next two weeks.  Whatever that plan may be.  If you don't care if you gain, lose, whatever... then you'll probably experience very bad results on the scale.

I do have a plan.

  • I stopped at the grocery store today after my weight watcher meeting to get myself prepared for being away from home for 3 days.  I bought some healthier snacks (they may not be perfect, but they are better than full blown fatty snacks). 
  • I am committing to getting in my 8 glasses of water at my brother in law's house - even though I can't stand the taste of their water.  I need to get that in.  I didn't this week and that's one of MANY things I did wrong this week.
  • I'm only going to have 1 sweet treat a day and it's not going to be a HUGE sweet treat.
  • Everything going into my mouth, as always, is going to be counted.
  • For the meals we have, i'm going to use a 1/3 measuring cup to use as my serving size.  This really helped at Thanksgiving, but I used a 1/2 cup and was left miserable because that was actually too much food.
  • I will be walking each day that I'm away.  I am sure I'll need a break from the maddness, so that will be my excuse.  I'm just hoping that the weather stays good where I can walk outside... I can't walk well in the boots I have so I'll have to be able to use my tennis shoes.
  • I have been really lax at my exercising, so when at home, I will either be hitting the gym OR working out at home - at least one activity.

That's probably a good list of how I'm going to try to stay in control this week.  The only one I'm afraid of is the sweets one.  I tried that two weeks ago and failed miserably.  So here's to hoping it turns out well for me.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas (or whatever you do/don't celebrate).  Please please please leave me a comment on what you're plans are this holiday week to stay on track.  I would love additional ideas.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment