Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Nailed it!

I have been feeling AWESOME while staying on track.  I have more energy by eating foods I should eat as well as getting my exercise in.  I will admit I'm bored with my exercise routine, but really trying to hold myself back from doing what I always do... get obsessed and burn myself out.

So for now it's still walking and biking - more biking than walking and most of it's all indoors.

I was a little nervous for this past weekend.  We had company.  My sister and brother in law.  I always want to please them and make foods that they would like.  This weekend was no different.

Friday night we had pizza from Papa Murphy's.  I bought three pizza's and we really only needed 2.  I wanted to make sure that I could eat with them so I bought myself my own veggie thin crust pizza.  Man is their veggie pizza the bomb... and I had enough points to eat half the pizza (I hope I was doing the math right).  Volume is a big deal to me.  I probably could have had 1 maybe 2 pieces of their pizza versus 4 of the veggie.  I made sure I went to the gym before they got here so I cleaned my house Thursday night and a bit here and there through out the day on Friday.  I beat Friday!!!

Saturday was probably the most nerve wracking day for me.  We didn't really know what we were going to eat at all.  We went out to breakfast - I picked what I wanted.  Thankfully it wasn't that good so I didn't eat the whole thing, but I ate most of it.  We didn't eat lunch - I snacked on a piece of licorice and maybe had some fruit.  My sister in law and I went for a 3 mile walk outside (OMG was that awesome) - so I was able to get in some exercise.  Then came dinner.  We were literally up in the air for dinner until about 3:00.  We decided to go to a brazillian BBQ... all you can eat hot / salad bar and as much meat as you can eat.  I did what I wanted... I left full.  Very full.  Uncomfortably full.  I also ate three bars that night - two lemon and one brownie.  I could have eaten more... but I didn't.  I was still uncomfortable when I went to bed.

Then came Sunday.  I got myself completely back on track... for the rest of the week.  I was so proud of myself and feel like I made some huge progress.   I could have done what I did the previous weekend and let the badness spill into Sunday... but I didn't.  I wouldn't allow myself to.  While they ate eggs, english muffin bread, sausage, bacon and cheese... I ate a protein shake, fruit and one piece of bacon.  I didn't even feel deprived (because I let myself have a slice of bacon).

This week was a total win for me.  I feel like I nailed it!  I don't even care if I lose this week (I did, but I don't care really... I was a good healthy eater 90% of my week!).

The results for the week are (drum roll please)... I lost 2.4 lbs.  I am well on my way to feeling better and making our upcoming trip a success.  We are going away for two weeks - Denmark and Italy.  Can't wait.  Am not going to go overboard there, but will eat what I want.  We will be walking everywhere so I will definitely get all my exercise in while there.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment