Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Challenge presented, accepted and (mostly) met!

So this past week went fine.  I went out of town for 1 night (yes 1 night) with my college friends.  We rented a hotel room, got hockey tickets and headed down for a day/night on the town.  I was a little nervous on how to handle it because I have been so incredibly good lately and I didn't want it to get all messed up because of one little trip with friends.

I set out with some goals this week:

  1. I was only going to be bad Saturday, I was not worry about counting points or what I was eating or drinking, I just wanted to have a good time.
  2. I would be totally on track for the 6 other days.
  3. I was going to work out Saturday morning before I met my girlfriend.
  4. I was not going to puke.
  5. I was going to stay the same.

I met goal 1, 3 & 4... with goal 2 I came very close... but I was so hung over that I splurged on Sunday too.  However I was very good for the rest of the 5 days.

What I'm most  shocked about was goal 5.  I was way up on Monday morning (like 6 pounds) and a little discourage.  But I fought that feeling and stayed on track... as the days went on the pounds from the weekend were dropping off.  I was about the same as I was last week.  But by the time I weighed in today, I was actually down .6 lbs... so I exceeded my #5 goal.  I'm proud of that because I do feel that I worked hard this week even with the two binge days.

This week's challenge is that I'm having company all weekend.  Where there's usually a lot of eating out, munching on snacks and drinking.  I know the drinking will be in check, I don't NEED to do that.  I'm not going to buy a bunch of snacks to have on hand... but the meal planning is going to be a challenge.  I've looked up a bunch of recipes and want to make healthier food - so I'm going to try that and see how it goes (and that is if we don't go out to eat... if we go out to eat - LORD help me because I'm not as good at being good at restaurants).

I hope you have a plan for any upcoming challenges you may have.  My weight goal this week is to continue to lose (I'm on a 4 week weight lost streak) and not just stay the same... so wish me luck!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment