Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, February 19, 2015

My work is paying off... finally!

So as I mentioned last week my focus has been on both food and exercise.  I am a tracking and exercising maniac!  I feel like I'm doing everything I can to stay within my points.

Last week I was a little disappointed because I didn't lose as much as I had expected. My level of activity had been insane...  I had earned 34 points.  I used all of those points, my weekly extra's plus another 6.  In the past I haven't had a problem with that I could go probably 20+ negative and still lose.  But over the last year I haven't been able to go "as negative" as I had in the past.

I've thought about that a lot.  When I work out that much I get way more hungry and I feel like it's doing the opposite I need it to do.  So this week I was going to try and not use my extra's.  Well that is almost impossible for me because I don't like to deprive myself (because that ALWAYS backfires on me) and most of my extra's used are within 1-3 days of my week not literally spread out for the whole week.  Maybe that's why it was working for me.

This week I decided to cut down my activity a little.  I didn't work out 2 of the 7 days... and my work outs are really either just riding bike (for an hour) or walking on the treadmill (for 2 miles) and then the bike for another 8-10 miles (typically an hour regardless of what activity I'm doing).  Nothing taht is too terribly intense.  In the end, I had only earned 23 activity points... I used all of those plus 41 of my 49 weekly points.  So I had 8 points left over.  THIS, I see, is a success.

If you compare "extra" used from this week to last (including those that I earned and gained)... there's a difference of 11 points used... but the earned to used usage is a difference of 22 points...  I think I may have found my mid-ground.  I lost 3.2 this week.  I am beyond thrilled!  It's sad how much this motivates me, I hate being a slave to the scale.  But it's a true fact for most of us.  I don't think that will ever go away for me (sadly).

Either way I'm calling this week and extremely successful week!  I'm more motivated than ever.  I don't have any new goals to work towards other than just keep on doing what I'm doing.  Trying to keep that middle ground with my exercise and eating.  I know I won't lose big next week but If I continue down this path I will lose.  Period.  If I go back I won't and I will gain quickly... I've proven that already and don't need to prove that theory out any more than I have.

Good luck to you on your journey... I hope you can find your way back if you'be been lost.  You have to want it!  Period.  There's no way around it.  You also have to do something to change.  Easy for me to say right now because I feel in absolute control.  But one can be thrown off that thrown so easily and quickly... I'm praying for my continued strength!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment