Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Just Eat It Already!

So, this was an interesting week.

I did ok Thursday (not perfect, but ok) but I still wasn't "back on" completely.  I tried really hard, but wanted something sweet.  So I ended up getting an ice cream cone at DQ, which I didn't really have the points for.  So I dipped into my weekly extra points.  No big deal, right?  Since it was Thursday and they start all over.  The big deal was that I needed to cut myself off of that downwards spiral and I didn't.

Friday was a hot mess.  A shit storm, if you will.  I ate what I had planned for breakfast and lunch, but I had quite the set back once I left work.  I made some horrible choices... I still wanted that damn burger that I didn't allow myself to order on Wednesday night.  So I had it.  That was that.

THAT, was my reset.

I got that craving out of the way and from that night forward I was "healed."

I did well on Saturday (I went over points, but it was because of wine - TASTY wine.  I count the wine, but it's not usually something I crave, so when I allow myself to have it and it takes me over my points, I'm usually not too worried because that's not something that will KEEP me going in the wrong direction).

Sunday - OMG Sunday, I was a beast! I got up and lounged around... full well knowing I needed to get my ass to the gym and run (my race is in 5 weeks!!!).  I hadn't run in a week and half (just over) and my last run was HORRIBLE.  So I kept putting it off because I had such a bad experience the last time.  My husband made us breakfast (eggs, ham, veggies and cheese scramble) and I was making up my grocery list for the little trip I needed to make.  I didn't get out the door to the gym until 11.  I got up at 8 am - so needless to say I was surely taking my time.

I got to the gym and spent more time stretching out BEFORE (I never do that, I just do a 2 minute warm up walk).  I had talked with a co-worker (hey girrrrrrl) about what stretches she does and tried some of them.  I think it helped some (I have a major foot issue going on - with my heel and achilles) and will continue to do the stretches before running.  I actually need to start doing them before Zumba as well. I'm getting to the point where just walking hurts.  So if doing this for a few more weeks doesn't help, then I need to go to the doctor and have it looked at (bummer!!!).

After I ran, I went to the grocery store (like I mentioned) and ONLY got what was on my list.  I was going for a few staples and ingredients for this venison chili we wanted to make.  OMG it was good... and I dislike venison (a lot).  Here's a link to the recipe if you're interested, really you could use a lean steak or maybe even pork if you wanted  (we didn't make the corn bread or creme fraiche).

Once the chili was done, I was starving so I ate quick.  Then decided (while eating chili) that I was going to go to the drums class at the gym.  I'm sooooo glad I did.  At the end of the day I had over 8 miles in, 18,000 steps and 14 activity points for the day (a normal day with zumba only, I get about 4-5 activity points).

The rest of my week has been great.  I've eaten well, exercised much and feel good!  I'm so glad I got that damn burger in because that craving was running my life!  So the moral of the story is, sometimes just give in to that darn craving.  It may be just what you need to get over that hump.

The results for the week were piss poor though.  So I weighed in at a different location than normal.  Usually I can judge how I'm going to do at my weigh in (when going to my regular place) by getting on my scale.  Which hasn't budged much since last week (MIND BAFFLING)... but I technically would have been down 0.2 lbs this week had I weighed in normally.  I went to a center and I was up by 0.4 lbs.  Granted I feel heavier this week, my period feels a little messed up.  I'm not supposed to get it (techically) until next week - but I will most likely get it this week.  All the signs are there (I hate the signs and the feeling).  So I'm not going to sweat the scale.  I just can't.  I know I did WAY better this week than last, so moving on.

Anyway, I'm going to have another good week... lots of activity and eating healthy.  I hope you do too!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.


No comments:

Post a Comment