Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, October 28, 2016

I think I can, I think I can...

I'm in a very good place right now.  I feel like I am in control, finally after a 2 year slip up.  I worked so hard that first year and lost a ton of weight and was so motivated... then I started having foot issues, then a bunch of personal stuff happened.  I did what I always do (I ate and slowed way down on the exercising) so I got what I always got... I gained back over half of the weight I had lost.  I actually gained 2/3 of the weight I had lost.

The difference this time was that I never quit going to weight watchers.  I didn't enjoy going during that time, but for some reason I didn't want to give up.  So each week I weighed in and sometimes there'd be a nice surprise and sometimes I would beat myself up asking why I am doing this, why I can't get control and why am I going back to the place where I KNOW I'm unhappy.

So, as you can see from my last post - I am back on track.  Mentally and physically, so that is a good place to be.  I have two weeks left of this horrible (LOL) Beach Body Insanity program and at the 7 week point, I have lost a total of 20.2 lbs.  I am thrilled with those results. However, I will say it is not just the work out.  I am tracking again, making meals that are reasonable point values and things we like and only slipping up one or two days a week (with the exception of last week).

Last week I was gone from Wednesday - Sunday at a food fest Scrapbooking weekend.  There is rarely a healthy option to be had.  Tons of temptation and I know this going into it.  I've been doing these trips 3x a year for the past 9 years.  So this time I tried to bring a few healthy options for me -- banana, almonds, squash soup, etc.  I brought my work outs that I needed to do and I did them and went for two walks (which I love to do).  I ate the almonds and that's about it.

Each day there, I got progressively worse.  But always in the back of my head was - don't screw this up too much you are working way too hard.  So, while I was eating like crap and feeling like total crap (not to mention couldn't crap because I was away from home), I didn't do as bad as I normally do.  Don't get me wrong, I did not do well.

The difference this time was that when I got home, I immediately got back on track.  Dinner Sunday night was 4 oz steak, salad with dressing and sunflower seeds and 5 oz red potato with 1 T butter.  I had no snack that night.  The next morning I weighed myself and got the result I expected - 5lb gain.  I didn't let that get me down... the next two days were really hard, all I wanted to do was snack like I had been for the past 5 days... but I fought hard and didn't do it.

By the time I weighed in on Thursday I had lost 3 lbs from the week prior.  Now mind you I should have lost the week prior (about a pound) but I gained .4 - so some of that was reward for last weeks weigh in... but I couldn't be more proud.  I didn't let my 5 day slip up affect the very next meal when I got home.  I got back on track and am unbelieveably happy with my results.

So, there's a lesson for ya!  Never give up.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment