Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I got Costco'd

My emotions this week are totally mixed.  I exceeded my fitness goals and was happy doing so.  I got my weight lifting work outs in, my biking in (did an extra 15 minutes) and my extra extra work out was a 4 mile walk.  Which I enjoyed very much.  One week ago today we had a snow storm, 8-10 inches of snow fell.  As of yesterday ALL of our winter snow is gone!  People are outside walking, smiling and just looking healthy and happy.

I left yesterday (Wednesday) for my scrapbooking retreat that I do 3 times a year.  January, April and October.  Up until Tuesday my food was pretty much in check.  I was down over a pound.  I felt great... BUT then 4:00 p.m. Tuesday came.  I don't know what it is, but when I am "on vacation" I go into major vacation mode which means FOOD.

It's all I can think about.  Treats, treats, treats.  It first started out by getting "costco'd".  If you don't know what that means, it means I went through Costco during sample time.  Oh. My. Gawd.  They had great samples.  A few of the samples I had, I've actually bought the product before so I know what they tasted like.  Samples are supposed to be for things you haven't had and should tempt you to buy and try.  I went by one sample booth 3 times.  WTF!!!  I ended up buying it.  It was a greek yogurt jalapeno artichoke dip (awesome).  I still don't know the points for it, but it is fantastic.  Of dips, it's on the lower end.  I also bought the crackers to go with it.  They are gluten free after-all LOL.  I aslo bought another snack I shouldn't have and ate that for dinner followed by a blizzard (medium).

Other than that and some candy at work that I counted, I did well for food choices.  My weight loss this week was ZERO.  I stayed the same.  I guess that's better than gaining, but I truly thought I would lose at least one pound.  So I'm a little upset about it.  Not enough to totally throw me off, but I am scrapbooking... which means that there's shit food galore around.  I have a hard time saying no to the goodies.

I'm going to try my hardest to keep in check.  We'll see how it goes.  In the mean time, my fitness goals remain the same this week... 2 hours of bike and 2 days of weights.  I may try to fit in 3 days of weights because I'd like to start a leg routine.  But with being away until Sunday, that may not happen this week and may be a more attainable goal for next week.

Wish me luck as I wish you luck to be healthy and happy this week!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

1 comment:

  1. As always I wish you luck and good choices even under the circumstances to the food coma we come under being at scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete