I worked out EVERY day and most days did 2 work outs. It totally paid off! While I exercised a lot, I wasn't perfect on my food - but compensated for that by putting in an extra work out on those days that I was a bit on the naughty side. I had pizza and cheese bread one night, went to Culvers and ordered a burger and onion rings AND met a group of gals out for a Greek brunch. I did major damage that day, but kept up on my work outs so I didn't feel as guilty!
Ok onto topic now!!!
You may ask what I'm a believer in... and the answer is crazy - A LOT. LOL. But what I'm specifically referring to is - I'm a believer in self talk. Oh my word, this week was full of self talk. I asked myself several times...
- Why are you doing this? What was my answer? I'm doing this for oh so many reasons!
- I want to get off all my blood pressure medicine.
- I want to continue being able to walk up my stairs in my house (only 1 flight) without having to catch my breath.
- I want to be healthy so I can be around for a long time.
- I want things to be easier for me .
- I want to be able to keep up with my niece and nephew without having to be worn out.
- I want to WANT to do things outside of my home... but this comes with the challenge of continuing to make the right choices (which I still need to work on).
- I want to feel in control of my life again.
- I want my husband to be attracted to me (he's never said he wasn't but damn... I wouldn't have been).
- I want to want to do the things we used to do - like snomobiling, fishing and the like.
- I want people to not judge me for being fat.
- I want to feel attractive in general.
- Do you want to be healthy or do you want that fucking ice cream cone (or pretty much insert any fast food or bad choice food)? In the ice cream cone incident this week, I chose to be healthy! It wasn't easy and I had to trick myself. I went to the gym and didn't take my purse. So I couldn't even buy it :)
- Is that X, Y or Z worth the points? The answer was... in some cases yes (insert Culver's and pizza here) and other cases it was no - HUGE progress from the last month (from falling off the wagon).
- Do you feel in control this week? The answer was yes, even though some of my choices were bad - they were WORTH it to me!