Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Surround yourself with supportive people!

Sorry guys, I know I was supposed to update you this week but I ended up getting the flu, a cold and my period all on one day.  Christmas Day night.  I had no clue I was going to get sick!

It was and still is horrible, but at least the flu part is gone...

Anyway - to the good stuff!!!

The week prior I was really really down.  I left the Weight Watcher meeting feeling super depressed and feeling like I have let everyone down. Including myself.  I was so negative in the meeting and I felt horrible about doing that.  I've never been like that in meetings, maybe in my head, but never in meetings.  I try to be super supportive of everyone.  I know people were thinking what the hell happened to her.  Wow she must be struggling!

I was.

Badly.

I know it's not a surprise to you either.

What may be a surprise is that last week was fantastic.  I did what I said I was going to do.  I was going to track everything that went in my mouth, and I did!  The first few days I was already negative in my points, but that wasn't my goal - my goal was that I didn't really care what I was eating as long as I was tracking it.  In the end, it affected what I was actually eating.  By day 3 or 4 I started trying to stay closer to my points.  I was still exercising, like I normally do - but started pushing myself more and more on trying to eat within my points as much as possible.

Also... I had two little angels with me the whole week.  Both from my Weight Watchers meeting.  Before I left that meeting last week - we made a pact.  One pact was to tell each other what we weighed every morning.  The other pact was that we (all three of us) would talk on a regular basis and check in with how we were doing.  That ended up saving me really!  We started out with just chatting, then it went to sharing our daily trackers and then it went to challenges.

Seriously that's the best support anyone could ever get!

I lost 6 lbs... over Christmas.  Because I tracked (and have awesome friends)!

I cannot tell you how important it is to surround yourself with those people that want you to succeed and want to be part of that with you.  I have made so many friends in my Weight Watcher group, more than I ever have before.  These people are like family to me.  It is so important for me to attend my meetings for so many reasons, but to keep these relationships up is one of the most important things to me.

Since we're already half way through the week now, I may as well tell you that I'm doing fine this week.  I'm still tracking everything that's going into my mouth... but you'll have to wait until next week to hear more - because this has not been without challenges!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!





1 comment:

  1. Good job! I continue to pray for the strength and support you need to meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete