Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tracking is where it's at!!!

I had to read my previous post before writing this one.  I wanted to make sure I report back on everything I said I would do.  I actually did fairly well this week.  My vow was to write everything down (I did), to continue to exercise (I did, a little more this week than last week) and to stay within my points 6 of the 7 days (I did not... I would say 4 1/2 days I did well with my points).

Friday my mom and I went to the movies and I had popcorn - didn't have points for it... and then we had ice cream when we got home.  Again didn't have the points for it. I had the weekly points for it, just not daily... so I count this as my bad day.

I was bad (very bad) at the party on Saturday, but I was able to ward off the alcohol pusher.  This person kept pressuring me to drink.  She just wanted someone to drink with and I was 1 of 3 people she knew at the party... and we used to party hard when I was younger.  I kept repeating, I'd rather eat my points than drink my points.  I seriously had to say this over 5 times.  I was getting kinda pissed as she knows how hard it is to lose weight, be strong against food and drinking, and she's a good friend of mine.  She finally got me to take one sip of her drink - OMG it was horrible (thankfully).  There was way too much alcohol in it for my liking - so that was good enough for me to satisfy her and not make me crave a whole drink.  There were many good appetizers that I did indulge in, but I really tried to semi-control myself.  When things were too large, I cut them in half.  I made a healthier appetizer myself - as healthy as I could.  I made a veggie pizza - people were RAVING about it.  I'll post the recipe on the recipe tab, so check it out (no picture though).

Sunday I was not good either.  I started well, ended horribly.  I wanted to go to Zumba but I didn't.  Instead, I woke up at 8 am and made myself some coffee.  Then I proceeded to go downstairs and watch TV the entire day.  The only thing I did do was let the dogs out, make spaghetti squash (for the week), acorn squash and a pizza (didn't really "watch" what I put on the pizza either... except there was turkey pepperoni and part-skim mozzarella).  I seriously watched TV until 9:30 pm.  Didn't exercise at all, thought about it a lot - but couldn't make myself go.

Monday I started feeling sick and Tuesday I was definitely sick.  I did exercise Monday (home Zumba), Tuesday and Wednesday I went to Zumba at the gym.  I just figured I'd go and at least move, just not get as intense as I normally do.  That felt good... I actually felt good after for about a 1/2 hour and then I'd feel sick again.

My results this week, after being good for 4 1/2 days was that I lost 2.4 lbs.  I'm back to the 90 lb weight loss range (thankfully!!!!).  I still have a lot of work to do this week to keep myself on track.  We leave Wednesday for Florida and I want to make sure I'm not in vacation mode NOW versus when we get there.  Since I'll be in Florida for Thanksgiving I won't have a post next week, but I will recap our trip and how I did at the Thanksgiving buffet (yikes... I need to start mentally preparing for that NOW).

So for this week, I'm going to focus on tracking again... and trying not to go negative in my weekly points like I did this week.  I'm also going to exercise like I normally do... I need to figure out what kind of exercise I'm going to commit to in Florida - whether it's running or I bring a video to do.  Stay tuned to find out what I did :)

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to get lost in the moment and forget what a person's goal is..... stay strong, mainly for yourself as not to disappoint yourself. You can do this.... although I know it's not easy and oh so hard, especially when you're looking good and having fun with shopping and clothes.

    ReplyDelete