Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm An Addict!!!

Once again I had a food challenged week.  Although I worked out a lot, I still ate some pretty bad things.  This was birthday celebration weekend (4 days) with my mommy where she spoils me.  I was good 1 of the 4 days.  The other 3 days were challenging too - but only because I made them that way.

I also must admit that I didn't really track well this week.  I think I only tracked 1 or 2 full days, the rest was not really a "fuck-it" attitude but just became a nuisance (which never has happened before - don't worry though, that won't happen again).  What happens when you don't track?  Well apparently for me it means a 2.6 lb gain.  I'm not going to sweat it, because I know WHY I gained... I have some challenging weeks yet to come so I'm going to try and focus more on PLANNING (even if I'm planning to be "bad" - I need to choose the day or 2 that I will allow myself some slack) -- thanks Polly (my WW leader).

Enough of that... I'm not really going to focus on the food or the weight part so much right now because I'm in a very happy place right now (with regards to working out).  I'm working out more than ever and I'm able to do it all... with HIGH impact.  I'm working just as hard as the instructor!  That's insane.

I'm all about Zumba right now.  I've put all the challenges to the way side because I can burn between 550 - 650 calories doing Zumba for 1 hour.  I'm mostly doing it at the gym but when I can't I do it at home.  One of my good friends gave me her DVD set because she can't do it right now.  So I get to use it until she wants it back.

I'm a bit addicted.  I am even DREAMING about Zumba.  I can't drive in my car and listen to music without wanting to Zumba to the music.  In fact, I drove up to Fargo ND (from Monticello MN) - 3 hour tour - by myself... and I zumba'd in my car to many a songs AND... Not only did I Zumba in my car, I ended up searching www.Zumba.com and putting in the zip code to find classes for that night.  (I was there for 1 NIGHT).  I found a gym and called them, they told me that I could pay $12 to attend the class (or there was a free visit on the web).  So that's what I did Tuesday night (after shopping, it was freaking cold in Fargo so I needed long work out pants versus the cropped pants I had with me).

I am so proud of myself... not for what I ate for dinner that night (UGH) but what I ended up doing to try and work it off.  I walk/ran for 23 minutes before the class and then Zumba'd for 1 hour.  Oh the calorie burn.  The instructor was awesome, so it made it all the better!

I plan to continue the work out over the next week - and I need to eat better again!  We have a cook-off (appetizers) on Saturday so I'm going to have to be super good through all of that.  Only 1 bad day this week (Saturday) and the rest will have to be good.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment