Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Post 2nd 5k Race

I had an absolutely fabulous week.  I've not felt this in control in a long time.  THIS is a good feeling!!!  I've been able to plan for almost all of my meals, I've kicked up my exercise again and I had a great time in my race from the weekend.

There was a benefit in my town called Party for a Purpose where they raise money for families, with cancer, that are in need.  I wouldn't have even known about it if I didn't hold a challenge on my Facebook Page Healthfully Ever After several months ago.  I had ordered Healthfully Ever After tank tops for the winners of the challenge and for a few others that said they wanted one.  In doing so, I met this man - Jason.  He runs a local company that does printing.  His wife had cancer and were overwhelmed with how the community  helped them out.  So they started this charity and other local business joined in with them.  Anyway he told me about the 5k and gave me a flyer.  It took me several weeks to sign up because I wasn't sure how my running would go... but I decided what the heck.  It's for charity and if I can't run it, I'll walk it.  But I'm gonna run it :)... that's how my brain works!

Anyway I didn't start training for it until August.  Training didn't go well, the weather did not cooperate with me as I do not do well in the heat.  Seriously, if I get overheated - I get sick.  Even sitting in the sun sometimes is hard, but you wouldn't believe that because of my beautiful bronze tan I get in the summer... So three weeks before the run I decide I better get myself going.  So I tried to run - 42 minutes for a 5k.  That was about as bad as I was when I first ran the 5k by myself (not during a race).  I was super disappointed and thought shoot, I better keep running during the week.  I didn't.  So the next week, I tried running it again - 40 minutes.  Better, made me a little more motivated... but not motivated enough to keep running during the week.  The next week, I didn't try running a 5k - just tried running on and off for 20 minutes - ran 9 of them walked 11.  That was last Thursday before the run on Saturday.

The 5k was Saturday - raining.  I mean raining, raining - up until the time we actually started running.  Then it just went to constant sprinkle.  If this would have been a day for me to "train," I wouldn't have done it.  I would have stayed inside and not even gone to the gym to run on a treadmill.  BUT, I had to run.  1) I paid for it 2) I actually attempted it and was successful a few times  and 3) it's for a good cause.  So I ran it.  I did AWESOME (for me).  I beat my last 5k race's time (37:10) by almost a minute.  My time was 36:16:81.  Unbelievable.  So much so, that I didn't think it was possible.  So I ran again on Sunday to see if it was.  I didn't do as well (37:29) but with all the adrenaline being with the other racers... I'm just going to say - yes it was possible and yes I did do it!!!

People, anything is possible.  If you want it to be!  Here's some pictures from the races I've done.

Lupus run in May 2013
Party for a Purpose, September 2013


results from Party for a Purpose

So... to cover all the other exercise I've done for the rest of the week.
1) finishing my plank challenge today (finally, I really hated that challenge with a passion!)
2) Ran - Thursday (9 mins), Saturday and Sunday
3) Zumba (ummm... I love zumba) - Monday and Tuesday
4) Started my new challenge for October (see pic below)



I think that's enough.  So my results for the week... lost 1 lb this week, total is now 96.2.  Totally not unhappy with that at all, even though I feel like I should have lost more this week... I feel so in control that I don't even care!

I can't wait to be Healthfully Ever After!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're back in control. Keep up the good work, I'm so proud of you, but better yet I believe you're proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete