Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Keep on, Keepin' on!

I hope you all had a good week.  I know I did but it was with much effort though.  I really tried staying on track for the whole week, with one day where I veered off and had a plate of fries and a hamburger (oh and a beer).  I have no clue how to count a hamburger where there's artichoke dip on it (to die for) - but I counted the whole meal as 60 points.  The rest of the days I stayed within my daily points (or within a few points of that).  I really wanted to get myself back on track and the one way to do it is to go cold turkey and retrain your mind that you don't need all that food (even though you want it).

The only other down fall to this week is that being a woman certainly has it's disadvantages at least once a month... unfortunately this is my time.  Therefore I think the weight loss this week would have been even better had I tried this the week before or week after.

Anyway - lets get to it.  Last week I said I was going to do the following:
  • I'm going to go to water aerobics 2x in the next week
  • I'm going to do some other cardio routine another 2x per week
  • I'm going to continue my plank challenge and going to complete my Guns Buns and Abs challenge (I have 5 days left - minor delay from being under the weather)
  • I'm going to stay within my points (utilizing the extra's) but not go negative!!!
I accomplished ALL of the above and in addition I finished the guns buns and abs challenge!

Can you believe it?

I do have to say though the plank challenge is really hard! Like.Really.Hard.  I'm going to continue doing it, even if I have to break up the total time, because doing some planking is better than doing no planking.  I can certainly feel that my body is being worked regardless of whether I break it up or not.



I say that because I was super down on myself when the plank rose from 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes... and I couldn't hold the position the whole time.  I seriously almost cried.  I mean I've done everything else I've tried - so why can't I do this?  I don't have that answer, but basically slapped myself in the face and said no matter what you're going to keep trying and not give up.  So you have to break it up?  Big deal... pull up your skirt and just get it done.

That's my motto right now... none of this is easy, but if I give up then what do I get in return?  Probably weight gain and go back to where I came from... and I tell you what - THAT, my friend is not.going.to.happen!!!!

I will not give up.
I will keep challenging myself.
I will prevail.

You all know that I've been struggling all summer - hovering around that 90# weight loss.  Well this week, I  lost 1.4 lbs, my total is now 93.6!  To keep myself going I've joined in on the Jillian Michaels Diet Bet.  Where you put up $30 and you have 4 weeks to win your money back (and possibly more) - all you have to do is lose 4% of your body weight in 28 days.  This starts September 24th (weigh in starts September 22nd) and goes for 4 weeks.  I am going to blow that 100#'s out of the water!  Mark.My.Words!

Always remember... You have to want this for YOU and no one else but YOU!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!


No comments:

Post a Comment