Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Routine... it's a must!

I'm happy to report I've had another good week.  I've kept up on my exercising and done "fairly" well with my food.  I can't seem to stay within the points limit I'm given, but with all the working out I'm doing it's been working fine for me.  I know I can't keep that up though, so I know I need to figure out HOW to stay within my points allowed.

If you're new to reading my blog, I've been on Weight Watchers since March of 2012.

This week I lost an additional pound, so my total weight loss is now 91.8.  I feel fantastic, but not too fantastic that I want to stop.  I say that because I have been doing a lot of reflecting this week.  I've worn some super cute clothes that I'm actually feeling good in and am getting some very nice compliments.  BUT  I know I could feel even better!  I can say though, that I am at a point where I'm actually excited to get dressed in the morning.  THAT hasn't happened in YEARS!!!

Here's an outfit from this week...


adorbs huh!  You can find it at www.kikilarue.com, search for Sammie Dress or click here... they have it in green too!  Sadly for those of you that are in maintenance mode and not a plus size, this is not the dress for you.  It only comes in a 1x - 3x.  She says the 1x would fit anyone from a 12-18... which I'd somewhat agree with.... I'd say more like a 12-16 (cuz I'm a 16 and you can see how it fits me).

Enough about how cute I look!  LOL, I kid!!!

I wanted to write about routines this week.  I think it's so important to have a routine.  I don't mean do the same thing every week. I mean - carve out time for your routine and make it what you want or need it to be.  For instance:

Food:  My Sunday's are spent grocery shopping for the week.  I get all my eggs, fruits and veggies and cook/cut them all up and have them ready in individual containers for the week.  If I don't do that, I don't eat the stuff I buy or I do not eat as healthy.  We tend to eat a lot of the same stuff in our salads, but what we add for protein is what mixes it up.  Dinners are usually a meat and a vegetable - if we have time.  Otherwise we utilize the salads and throw tuna, lunch meat or eggs on it.  I also make 2 hard boiled eggs for each day (M-F) for my husband and me.  We do eat those every day - I have to or I'm STARVING all day long.

Exercise:  I have been trying to keep up with my water aerobics (I love the ladies there) as well as have an additional routine to do.  I've been choosing exercise videos that have 30 day programs.  THAT has worked well for me because I own 4 videos that are 30 or more days of structured exercise.  Some call for weights, some don't.  I cannot just do water aerobics anymore if I want to lose weight - I have to do more.  So in addition to all that - I walk too.  Mostly on weekends, but for the last couple of weeks I've been walking Mondays after water aerobics and occassionally during work.

It's a lot... which is why I've had to go back into hibernation mode and focus on me - because I was letting other things get in the way of my routine and I just can't do that right now.  I need to focus on me, my routine and keep my end goal in mind!  I WANT to be healthy, I want to feel good, I don't want to be out of breath for one flight of stairs like I was, I don't want to have heart burn every night, I don't want to be on high blood pressure medicine (I'm still on 1, but I seriously think that needs to change)... lots of "I don'ts" and some very important "I do's."

Ask yourself what you want?  Make your plan and get your routine.  Start slow, I didn't always do all this when I started Weight Watchers.  I chose to focus on my eating first and once I felt comfortable with that, then I started in on figuring out my exercise routines.

You can do it, You just need to want it bad enough!  See you next week and remember...

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!


No comments:

Post a Comment