Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Need A Reset?

Me: "What do we want?"
You: <screaming> "To be Healthy!"

Me:  "Who do we want this for?"
You: <screaming> "Me!" (meaning yourself)

Me:  "What do you need?"
You: <screaming> "Love, Support, Willpower, Healthy Foods, Planning and a reset button!"

BOOM

I feel like I've hit the reset button about once a month for the past 4 months.  Last week after weigh in, I did a look back to 12 weeks and wanted to know my net weight loss so far this summer.  It was 2 lbs.  2 lbs!!!

The funny thing was that I was not upset.  Not upset at all, but used it as an eye opener.  I feel like I'm trying so hard (which I am).  I feel like sometimes I just want crap food (which I do and then I eat it and then I feel sick).  But honestly, for the summer I've had and all the "stuff" we've done - I've still lost 2 lbs.  2 lbs!!!

I didn't gain over the summer... where you have all these temptations, all these parties, bonfires, vacations, mini trips, county fairs (this one doesn't count for me, but maybe for you) - just everything.  One of my best friends told me that summer time is the hardest for her.  Because people want to be outside and doing things outside - we don't want to be cooped up in a gym, in our homes, etc.  It's when all the good fruit is out, but also all the picnic / party food.  The temptations.  Temptation after temptation.  Shoot if you've only given in 1/2 of the time, you've done that much better than you did the time before.  Celebrate those little things.

So I found myself once again resetting my button this week... and guess what, it paid off!  I lost 4.2 lbs this week.  Can you believe it?  I find myself sitting at (close to) the same weight loss again for the 3rd time, but shit - I am here again.  I didn't give up.  I just reset my mind and my body.  Sure I made a few adjustments this week - re-introduced yogurt an almonds.  High point snacks (not so much the yogurt, but the almonds) and found myself so much happier and satisfied.

What's the one change you can make this week to help you?  Maybe it's more than one?  Think about it and execute on it.  It's the only way to push through.  If you've been at a stand still (or like me going up and down up and down) you have to make a change.  For me, it wasn't exercise.  It was fixing my snacking issues.  That's a freakin' simple change to make.

So, this week I challenge you to make your change up and let me know what you're going to change.  Then, next week - tell me what it did for you.  If it was a change on the scale, change in your mood, change in how you feel... whatever.

Take care and have a great week!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment