Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Minor Setback

I was all ready to continue with my reset last week, but instead I chose to make some bad choices.  I really don't regret it because I had a lot of different things that I did over the past 7 days and that's gonna happen every now an then.  So this week, I'm going to re-read my post from last week and use that reset button.

I gained everything I lost last week, which was 4.2 lbs.  Again, I'm OK with that because I know why.  It's more frustrating when you don't know why.  I've had a lot of experience with losing weight, I've done it all my life, and have come across many people that say "I'm doing everything right and I'm still not losing weight".  They get frustrated and quit.  What I find difficult to believe is that if you do everything right for a long period of time, that you're not losing any weight or gaining for that matter.

There's no way that everything is being done right if you're gaining.  Plateaus do happen (I've been on one for 3 months... but not because I've been doing everything right - because I've been giving into temptation more than not).  So in my opinion, if this is happening to you - you're probably not doing everything right.  So maybe think about it and be honest with yourself... I've still been exercising (a lot - mostly, except for this week and the week I went on vacation) over my "plateau" but I'm definitely making bad choices along with that.

The only way to correct MY plateau is to get myself back on track, track and eat well -- along with my exercise which is usually not a problem.  I've been doing a challenge for the last 15 days, I'm half way done.  It's hard, it's the ONLY thing I'm doing right now... but at least I'm doing something.

If you're on a plateau, what will you do to get back on track?  I'm going to:
  • Journal this week (I barely journalled last week)
  • Get more exercise in - I didn't run this week because it was too hot and it's not worth it to me to get a headache because I want to run (I dislike running on dreadmills)
  • Make better choices
Maybe this will also help...  I asked on my facebook page If you were to give one tip for those trying to get healthy what would it be?  These are the tips that were shared by people like you :
  • Remember how you feel when you eat healthy AND when you don't!
  • Don't focus on the number on the scale. Focus on how you feel
  • Do it for yourself! Make short and long term goals and reward yourself!
  • Think about the things you do well, not the things you slip up on. Don't beat yourself up!
  • When you don't work out you don't have energy - but working out gives you energy - try to press through the "I'm tired" feelings that's just your couch calling you home
  • Its easier to eat healthy when you have fresh fruit and veggies in the fridge front and center ready to go. (this was a major problem for me this week, but usually isn't.)
  • Try doing the 80/20 rule--80% healthy & 20% not as healthy when eating.
  • I would say, to make one change at a time...don't try to Change diet and add exercise...give yourself time and start simple
Good luck to you this week, I know I'll need it :)

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment