Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mud Games = Filthy Fun

So, I had the best and worst week at the same time.  My step daughter, son and his friend came for the weekend.  So I could feel myself, already last Thursday, slipping away for the week.  Yes the week.  I did absolutely terrible this week.  I ate like I didn't care what I was putting in my body.  I have to admit, I don't really regret it - and I know I'll be right back on this week... but I can tell you why!  I feel like absolute SHIT from all the binging I did.  I'm not going to go into what I all ate, frankly a little embarrassed.  But at least I'm admitting that part, right?

Now to the best part!!!

What I do want to talk about is the Mud Games... seriously pure filthy fun.  My friend Shelly asked if I wanted to sign up for the Mud Games - it's a race that is run in the middle of nowhere where they put up obstacles for you to do and mud is seriously involved.  Here's a before picture of us:

Me & Shelly
Our group photo... can't see - but happy to see that sunshine!
First you start off running towards the wilderness:
oh yeah... I'm hot!!!
  
This is my hubby and his daughter (navy / cream)
Then there were several obstacles.
  1. Tunnel Crawl - crawl through a tunnel of dirt.  Not bad!
  2. Rop Web - you climb an aparatus and then there is a rope web you have to cross (this was scary to me because I'm afraid of heights and you can see through the rope.  Probably only 8-10 feet in the air though.
  3. Mud Crawl with balance beam - crawling through mud under barbed wire, then walk on a balance beam.  GROSS!  but fun!!!
  4. Container Climb - climbed over a pod like (moving container) container... that was probably 15 -20 feet tall.  Not bad until coming down - "don't look down"
  5. Tire run - run through tires
  6. Net Crawl - crawl under a net (not bad, but sticks hurt)
  7. OMG -- Wall climb!!!  Did I mention I'm afraid of heights?  Check out this picture!!!
My step son and his friend about to climb it!
Me looking at what I need to attempt next!  Don't I look Thrilled??? NOT!!!


My husband stayed at the top to help me up!  Wasn't that sweet???


I didn't wait for him to slide down with me, I wanted off!!



These are my step kids coming down!!

He did not get very dirty (on purpose... not sure why)

Amanda and Sarah

Then the aftermath...



I would definitely do this again (I am actually, just trying to figure out which one and when).  It's expensive, but so out of the ordinary.  It was great getting to experience this with my family and friends.  I was so happy to have Jasmine and Devin join in on the fun.  Nothing we've ever done together before!!!

Well I hope this inspires you to do something different, something challenging and fun.  It was a blast (this coming from the princess that I am).

Have a great week and I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!



No comments:

Post a Comment