Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 7, 2013

What percentage of your calories are eaten by 3 p.m.?

So I'll start off on what I think you care about...  A recap from last week:

  • I did not start my new exercise program (booo - hiss) this weekend like I said I would... BUT I did try Water Zumba (awesome!!!  will be going again Saturday) and went to water aerobics two other nights (Monday-Tuesday).
  • I did not stay within my points, I used all my extra's AND about another 15 more.
  • I did lose weight, 2 lbs.  I'm guessing it's the exercise and possibly the WAY I ate my extra points.  My total weight loss is 78.6.
So most people say that weigh in day is cheat day... and actually more often than not mine falls into that as well... along with a Friday and maybe a Saturday.  But the rest of my weeks are usually filled with catching up from being bad and making it better.  More often than not that works for me.

This past week I was over my daily allowance of points everyday except for 1 day (which happened to be last night... but I was only under by 1 point so really doesn't count for much).  However, most of the time if I was eating bad stuff it was earlier in the day rather than later.  Like Sunday for instance, we went out for brunch.  I ate a crap load (probably would have been a lot more if it were a year ago) and then didn't eat until dinner - which I had a very healthy salad with lunch meat.  

I talk about timing of eating because I heard in my weight watcher meeting today that if you eat 60% of your calories for the day (or food allowance in points - essentially the same thing right?) by 3 pm and only eat the rest of the 40% after that (of course the earlier you quit eating for the night the better off for you it is) then you are almost guaranteed to lose weight. [ If I find the article they were talking about, I'll update the post with a link.] Now that doesn't mean that you should take in 2000 calories by 3 pm and then another 1200 in the evening... that theory wouldn't hold true (probably) in that scenario.  But what it means is that you should be realistic and set your standards.  You'll quickly figure out how to balance that I'm sure and using a program like Weight Watchers or My Fitness Pal (or both like I'm doing: you can see slight differences between the two - SLIGHT) then you can get a better gauge on it.

I think I'm going to try this out this week... see how it goes.  

Next week is a big deal to me... it's my 1 year anniversary of re-joining Weight Watchers.  I cannot wait for my next post.  It's already pre-written - and pretty much ready to go with the exception of a few tweaks.  My goal for next week is to lose 1.4 lbs.  I don't care how I do it (meaning what type of exercise I incorporate) but I am going to try my hardest!  If I do... my total will be 80 lbs in 1 year.  Whooo Hooo!!!  If I don't - I still did very well in one year :)

I also have a picture to post - it's a compare picture from 1 year ago to this past Monday (unless I get an even better picture of myself).  I would post that picture already, but I don't want to spoil it.

Anyway - I hope you have a great week and think about what your food intake is during the day versus evening.  See if you can do the 60/40 rule and let me know your results.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment