Honestly, I weigh myself WAY TOO MUCH. I actually step on the scale almost every morning and most often, if it changes, I record it on a notepad I keep in my bathroom. I do this because I let the scale rule my life! Should I? Probably not, but I feel like it keeps me in check.
What do I gain from weighing myself too much? Well, let me tell you... I actually think that I have learned some things from it.
- I've learned that my sodium intake is very up and down and of course, that affects my weight on the scale.
- I've learned that my period affects my weight for about 10 days... and unfortunately sometimes that spans two weigh in days (that really sucks when that happens).
- I've learned that it can be used as a weekend goal, like get on the scale Friday morning... and when you get on Monday morning the goal is to weigh less. Weekends are hard!
- I've learned that it can affect my mood for the day... good or bad. Sometimes I may make worse choices because I'm discouraged and sometimes it does that exact opposite.
- I've learned that recording my weight actually gives me something to look back and be proud of.