Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Are you Inspired or Motivated?

Wow... I just want to thank all of you who read my post last week.  It was my highest hitting post since starting the blog.  I had 5 1/2 times the readership last week.  Which makes me feel really good because that was a really HARD post to write.  I feel like I put myself all out on the line for you all and the feedback I got was so overwhelming!  So, thank you again!!!

Before I get into the topic today, I must tell you I did not have a great eating week.  I did go out to dinner a lot (I mean A-LOT), but I counted everything... with that said, I was over my points (and extra's).  I did increase my activity (a lot), but it seems like when I actually do that - I just can't get full and end up not losing as much weight or gaining.  Most comment with "it's muscle" but I know it's not because I'm eating more.  So it's eating more, not muscle that's doing it!  Anyway - I gained 1.2 this week.  BUMMER.  I feel kind of bad about it, but honestly I know what went wrong and I've done so well; so this isn't going to stop me!  I'll just get right back on that healthy train.

So onto topic!

People are telling me that I'm such an inspiration to them or that I'm motivating them to do this... to get healthy. It's about 50/50 that I hear each word.

I keep thinking about that... I wondered what the difference is.  So I've done some reading and found that I hope I'm inspiring people and not motivating them.  Wanna know why?  Well first off, here are the definitions from dictionary.com:



in·spi·ra·tion

  [in-spuh-rey-shuhn]
noun
1.
an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
2.
something inspired, as an idea.
3.
a result of inspired activity.
4.
a thing or person that inspires.
5.
Theology .
a.
a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
b.
the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.




mo·ti·va·tion

  [moh-tuh-vey-shuhn]
noun
1.
the act or an instance of motivatingor providing with a reason to act in a certain way: I don'tunderstand what her motivation was for quitting her job. motive, inspiration, inducement,cause, impetus.
2.
the state or condition of being motivatedWe know that these students have strong motivation to learn.
3.
something that motivatesinducement; incentive: Clearly, the company's long-term motivation is profit.


Both are very positive things, right?  Not in my mind (anymore!!!)

Think about it... when you say "I need the motivation to blah blah blah" it's usually because it's something you don't want to do.  When you say "I've been inspired to blah blah blah" it usually means you're excited about it and can't wait to do it.

So there!  I want to inspire (and be inspired) to continue on my healthy journey.  I want to be inspired to continue exercise (I like exercising anyway - well, most of it)"  I want to be inspired to eat better (dude, I feel so much better when I eat well anyway).  I too have people who have inspired me... but my motivation was that I could no longer feel and look the way I did (that's the negative) and my inspiration is that I can't wait to be excited to do all the things I used to do when I was thin, can't wait to shop and be happy about it!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

I was about to sign off here... but I promised on my Healthfully Ever After facebook page that I would tell you about my emotional day on Sunday.

  1. I went shopping... for a bra.  I cried, because I wasn't a C.  I wanted to be a C, I was a D!  So here's the deal (those that are gifted in the breasticle area will understand this)... bra companies mess with our minds!  At one store/brand, we are one size and at another we are another size.  The only thing they really can't/shouldn't mess with us on is the band size.  I found that to be fairly true... but the cup size THREW ME OFF.  Before starting last year, I had to go to a 44DD bra at Lane Bryant.  Lane Bryant is what I call the Fat Store (which is sooo mean and once I lose weight, I will no longer refer to it as that... but while I still fit into their clothes I feel I can).  So... I've gone down a few sizes in their bra's and the last i had was a 40 D... so I was expecting to be a 38 C going into this.  I was not, am not and will not be a C in "normal" bra sizes for a LONG TIME.  I spilled out... spilled out of most of the D's too.... but I found one that fit and one that was comfortable... but I cried because I want them to be smaller!
  2. After I got home from bra shopping, my husband and I cleaned house to get ready to go to the Good Will... ummmm... we cleaned my stuff out really.  I have hardly anything left.  4 leaf garbage bags of clothes filled (I couldn't even lift it)... took the whole back of my SUV (CR-V so it's small) and then filled up the back seat with othe random stuff.  I almost cried.  I have ONE pair of shorts that fit right now... I did find two dress pants that will fit for a while, but everything else (including all my cropped pants, 40+ Tshirts, 30 sweaters, etc.) is gone.  While it's a great feeling that they don't fit... It makes me realize the commitment I've made to never go back!  


EMOTIONAL DAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a bit of emotion for one day. I can only shudder to think of how hard that was to bag up all those clothes, load into the car and scarey and brave to actually take it to Goodwill that same day before you could change your mind. That is a huge commitment to your journey and a bigger one to inspire success!!!! Every day presents a challenge and once met gives you more strength to press on with your goal in site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha, you are my hero. You are a true "inspiration." xo to you. Francine

    ReplyDelete