Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hate the game, not the player!

So this week, I have continued my "turning over a new leaf and getting back on track".  I ate VERY well, with the exception of one day where we went to the Smack Shack for lunch with my step daughter. We had lobster rolls and lobster mac and cheese... oh and a bloody mary (YUMMY).  I was telling them that this was the most bread I've had in I couldn't remember how long (and it was FANTASTIC - scary fantastic).  Anyway after that we took her grocery shopping and then we went to my parents house to scrape their 2-3" thick ice off their driveway.  So I felt like I worked it off, right?  I mean it was a good 1 1/2 hours of scraping and hard work.

I've been weighing myself through out the week, like I always do and that morning I was down 2 lbs.  Since then, I've been up or the same as I weighed last Thursday.  All I want to lose this week is 0.2 lbs.  Most people want 2+, especially how well I followed the plan this week I should be successful this week.  But, the scale is not proving that theory out.

So this morning, I got my usual clothes on that I wear when weigh in on Thursday and got on the scale.  SAME AS LAST WEEK.  UGH.

What I should tell you is that my scale and the WW scale are different every week... one week i weigh less on my scale than I do on WW, one week I weigh more on my scale than I do at WW and other times I weigh the exact same.

So I got to thinking... do I play the game and find lighter clothes for the weigh in case this is the week that my home scale is right (or god forbid lower), or do I just suck it up and stay the same this week.  I did go back to my closet and pick out a lighter pair of work out pants... I need to see that 0.2 loss!  The results on the difference was 0.4 lbs.

Can you relate?  You gotta play the game... which is why I hate the game (not the player).

Soo... the results are in.  My total weight loss was 1.8 lbs.  I guess I didn't need to do the whole clothes swap but I needed to see that 0.2 gone!  My total weight loss is 76.6 lbs.  Does it make me feel good that I got that 75 lb mark, sure does!  See, I told you - I DID do well this week and I deserve that weight loss.

So, what are my goals this week?
- I need to get back to exercising.  I haven't exercised since I got sick... it's been 2 weeks.
- I will do the same thing this week with my extra points... not diving into them and using them all.  I can't commit to not using them at all, because for me that's not realistic.  Sure I may lose more weight if I didn't use them, but I feel I'm doing just fine with losing 75 lbs in less than one year.
- I don't have a weight loss goal, because the last two weeks i've lost big numbers for me... and I believe is the period week next week (fingers crossed it's not).

Those goals will be hard to reach, so I'm going to stop there.  Have a great week ya'll... and let me know if there are topics that you would like me to write about... I'm pretty much an expert at trying to lose weight, it's most definitely NOT my first rodeo!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.



No comments:

Post a Comment