Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Things that make you go HMMM...

Well I thought I did fairly well this week.  I tracked like I always do, but did a bit more guesstimating than the usual.  And "guess" what... it didn't work as well for me.  I gained 1 lb this week... which is NOT BAD, but I really did no real celebrating over the past week so I should have done better in my mind.

Over the last week, I kicked up my exercise again.  I had 24 activity points for the week... that's A LOT considering I gained zero, yes ZERO activity points last week (and I lost 2.4 last week, go figure).  Most people say that it's muscle that I've gained... and I say bullshit to that.  I do believe that my body just wanted to hang onto the weight this week for some reason.  As you know I weigh myself pretty much everyday to try to keep myself in check.  The day after weigh in last week (Friday) I was up 2 lbs.  I was up 2 lbs the whole week even up until yesterday.  I weighed myself last night - and I weighed the same as I did in the morning.  WHAT?!  See, I don't get it either.  But on my way home, I could feel my fingers losing the water I was retaining... so I guess I should feel lucky that some of that weight came off or today's weigh in would have been way worse.

I think I'm actually coming down with a cold or something because I'm feeling quite dizzy these last few days and I was sneezing up a storm this morning and somewhat the last few days.  So I've busted out the Zicam in hopes that it will clear up.

I have continued on with my Jillian Michaels - today will be day 9 of level 2.  It sucks, I'm not gonna lie.  I feel like crying EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I have actually cried once.  It hurts, it sucks, it's hard and I love it when I'm done.  However, I'm having some troubles with my right shoulder and my left elbow.  You see in level 2 - there's a lot of plank moves and I think my body doesn't like them just as much as I don't like them. I'm going to continue on of course, but gonna ask my doctor about it tomorrow.  I have a scheduled follow up appointment tomorrow.

I haven't seen her since I believe August or September.  I'm hoping that now that she's moved into a franchise office vs. her own office - that her equipment will be better able to measure my blood pressure and I'll be able to get off of at least one of my medications, maybe two.  I take 9, yes NINE, pills a day.  Two allergy, two blood pressure, a multivitamin, vitamin D, Magnesium (restless friggin legs)  and a depression medication.  I wanted to get through the holidays with the depression med (if you know me personally, you know WHY I started taking it... and only part of it was because of my weight) and now that I've done that, I think I'm going to ween myself off of that too.  I will be talking with my dr. about that tomorrow too!

I want to summarize some of my accomplishments over the last 9 months that I've had since I started back on weight watchers:

  • I've lost 66 lbs
  • I can walk up my stairs in the house without being winded
  • I no longer have to hoist myself out of our couches (sooo embarassing)
  • I can get up from the floor fairly easy (if I haven't worked out too much in a given day)
  • I can walk 3-4 miles with no trouble and at a pretty good clip
  • I've been able to get back to the gym with a semi-standard schedule of a work out
  • I finished the first 30 day shred challenge from Jillian Michaels
  • I started level 2 of the 30 day shred challenge, which I never thought I could even do (even after finishing level 1)
  • From Thanksgiving to after the new year I was able to lose almost 5 lbs, where the average person put on 5-8 lbs (and I don't feel deprived what so ever, nor guilty as some do)
  • I have inspired others to work out more, eat better and recommit themselves to weight watchers
I think that's a pretty good 9 months!  I hope you are one of them and I hope to do more of that in 2013. Please share with my readers some of the accomplishments you've made over the last year... I know you've got at least 1, so pick your best one and post a comment for the rest of us to share with you.

So this week, I'm recommitting myself to more accurately track my food intake, only use my extra points (and not go into extra-extra like I have), continue with my Jillian Michaels (oh Lord, please allow me to continue on) and try to get in a few extra days of activity like I did this past week.

Take care and I hope you have a great 2013!!!  I know I will!

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment