Over the last week, I kicked up my exercise again. I had 24 activity points for the week... that's A LOT considering I gained zero, yes ZERO activity points last week (and I lost 2.4 last week, go figure). Most people say that it's muscle that I've gained... and I say bullshit to that. I do believe that my body just wanted to hang onto the weight this week for some reason. As you know I weigh myself pretty much everyday to try to keep myself in check. The day after weigh in last week (Friday) I was up 2 lbs. I was up 2 lbs the whole week even up until yesterday. I weighed myself last night - and I weighed the same as I did in the morning. WHAT?! See, I don't get it either. But on my way home, I could feel my fingers losing the water I was retaining... so I guess I should feel lucky that some of that weight came off or today's weigh in would have been way worse.
I think I'm actually coming down with a cold or something because I'm feeling quite dizzy these last few days and I was sneezing up a storm this morning and somewhat the last few days. So I've busted out the Zicam in hopes that it will clear up.
I have continued on with my Jillian Michaels - today will be day 9 of level 2. It sucks, I'm not gonna lie. I feel like crying EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have actually cried once. It hurts, it sucks, it's hard and I love it when I'm done. However, I'm having some troubles with my right shoulder and my left elbow. You see in level 2 - there's a lot of plank moves and I think my body doesn't like them just as much as I don't like them. I'm going to continue on of course, but gonna ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I have a scheduled follow up appointment tomorrow.
I haven't seen her since I believe August or September. I'm hoping that now that she's moved into a franchise office vs. her own office - that her equipment will be better able to measure my blood pressure and I'll be able to get off of at least one of my medications, maybe two. I take 9, yes NINE, pills a day. Two allergy, two blood pressure, a multivitamin, vitamin D, Magnesium (restless friggin legs) and a depression medication. I wanted to get through the holidays with the depression med (if you know me personally, you know WHY I started taking it... and only part of it was because of my weight) and now that I've done that, I think I'm going to ween myself off of that too. I will be talking with my dr. about that tomorrow too!
I want to summarize some of my accomplishments over the last 9 months that I've had since I started back on weight watchers:
- I've lost 66 lbs
- I can walk up my stairs in the house without being winded
- I no longer have to hoist myself out of our couches (sooo embarassing)
- I can get up from the floor fairly easy (if I haven't worked out too much in a given day)
- I can walk 3-4 miles with no trouble and at a pretty good clip
- I've been able to get back to the gym with a semi-standard schedule of a work out
- I finished the first 30 day shred challenge from Jillian Michaels
- I started level 2 of the 30 day shred challenge, which I never thought I could even do (even after finishing level 1)
- From Thanksgiving to after the new year I was able to lose almost 5 lbs, where the average person put on 5-8 lbs (and I don't feel deprived what so ever, nor guilty as some do)
- I have inspired others to work out more, eat better and recommit themselves to weight watchers