Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Planning for a disaster worked!!

Well hello there, can you already tell (maybe by the post title) that I did well this week?  I did!  I lost 3.6 lbs, got my next 5 lb "star" and am down a total of 56.2 lbs.  It was a very challenging week, but I did well.  By planning for the cook - off event, I did prevail!!!

So let's rehash my week, My goals were:

  • Work out at least 3 times - met this goal
  • Get my 100% on my activity link 3 times - surpassed this goal - I met 100% on 4 days and 2 days I was 97/99%.  So this was a good exercise week!
  • Work out Saturday - whether it's a walk or actually getting my ass to the gym (I think the elliptical is  calling my name again... EEK) - I did not go to the gym, BUT I ended up having an impromptu photo shoot and did plenty of walking through a park.
  • Clean my house (that should get me at least 100% one day AND count for my work out)  - I only had to clean half the house because of the photo shoot, my dear husband did a lot of cleaning for us.
  • Make smart choices on Sunday's event. - I ate all of the casseroles but I did well because I accounted for everything I ate as best I could.

I know we've talked about planning, writing everything down, making sure to get exercise in - blah blah blah.  BUT as you can see it works.  I cannot stress this enough.  I know that I'm on Weight Watchers and some of you may not be... but whatever you are doing I'm sure it involves some sort of tracking of what you put in that pie whole of yours.

If you remember last week I was worried about the next two weeks... well I'm in week two, at the scrapbooking retreat and listen to this... our meals are:  Mac & Cheese (buffalo and grown up type); pork chops & sauerkraut, breakfast of eggs bacon sausage tortillas - etc; another breakfast meal... the list goes on and on.  Let's not forget about all the effin treats people bring.  UGH.

Anyway - my goal is to lose weight this week but also to be able to have some of the treats and be able to eat the meals everyone else does.  So what does that mean for me?  That means that I'm leaving the retreat to go to water aerobics tonight, tomorrow morning, next Monday and trying to get a walk in some other time this week.  I can't add in staying within my points because that's going to be hard - therefore I'll have to keep the work out intensity up.

With that said - I'm going to keep up with some major planning, making smart choices on the treats that I eat - making them WORTH the choice.  So wish me luck... I don't have any other advice this week except to reiterate the importance of keeping track of what goes in your mouth at all times (make sure it's worth it) and exercise.

If you have any great tips for me this weekend (I'm here until Sunday) please do share as I'll need the help this week.

I hope you have a great week and I'll be thinking about you this week.

I can't wait until I'm Healthfully Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment